Still Standing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KELLY CLARKSON - PIECE BY PIECE THREAD

5 posters

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

KELLY CLARKSON - PIECE BY PIECE THREAD - Page 3 Empty Re: KELLY CLARKSON - PIECE BY PIECE THREAD

Post by Gary Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:58 pm

She is always large at the start of the album and then by the end of the tour loses it and then it starts again. She never seems to be ready at the start of it.

I agree Gabe. This is going to flop.

And Ashley apparently Clive Davis blacklisted her after her argument. Thats why so few want to collaborate with her which is crazy. As she can sing most people of the stage - probably another reason.

Gary
Admin
Admin

https://stillstanding.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

KELLY CLARKSON - PIECE BY PIECE THREAD - Page 3 Empty Re: KELLY CLARKSON - PIECE BY PIECE THREAD

Post by Soul Eater Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:47 am

Surly artists like taylor , madonna and katy have a power over Clive Davis
Do they not 

What did they fight about
Soul Eater
Soul Eater

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:47 am

He didn't want her to release My December and told her she was incapable of writing good songs. He tried to pay her money to record hit songs to replace her songs. She fought tooth to nail to get it released and then he sunk it mid campaign and the label pulled promo efforts. He fired her management company. He trashed her in his book and she called him a liar.

Gary
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabe Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:21 pm

What do you think of the whole Kelly/Clive thing?

I feel like Kelly had her right to stand up for herself and release the album she wanted. Props to her for putting her foot down and not let anyone walk over her. But at the same time, looking back... Clive was right and My December was definitely a heavy bump on the road for Kelly's career. She was coming hot off of the massive Breakaway era, and the direction she took with My December was the wrong one. I think she should have waited until after All I Ever Wanted to release an album like My December.
Gabe
Gabe
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:36 pm

Yes I am conflicted too.

They both were stubborn but Davis was very derogatory in the whole affair and then to trawl it back up again in a book. This is a man in his 70s (?) and it was so petty and disrespectful towards a young woman trying to take risks artistically after selling the label a lot of records and WW tour receipts.

Then on the other foot My December was extremely disappointing and besides the brilliant Sober (gutted we never got a video) and the decent enough Never Again and Irvine - the album sucked. No point even trying to defend it and I really thought she was done after it.

I loved AIEW. I actually think I listen to that album more than Breakaway but videos and single choices -Breakaway was her best. The last album was just ok. I felt there was only 4 good songs on the whole thing. The first album sounds nothing like her anymore and then besides those above mentioned songs My December is at the bottom. I don't do Christmas albums. It was bought but never opened. The Greatest Hits bought only for the videos DVD as I had all the albums anyway and the new songs were filler.

I was hoping for a Country album eventually but after Tie Me Up I no longer want that. Even a country duets album with established country stars would be nice. I don't think she would struggle to have country stars wanting to duet with her!

Gary
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabe Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:46 pm

Wow, never thought of a country duets album for her. It could be a huge thing! Kelly could enlist Blake Shelton, Jason Aldean, Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Luke Bryan, Martina McBride, Keith Urban, Tim McGraw, Faith Hill and knock it out with a Carrie Underwood duet.

One could only dream lol
Gabe
Gabe
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:59 am

Single #2

Last edited by Gary on Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:01 am; edited 1 time in total

Gary
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:00 am

This is very generic too. Album track. She should have taken longer off.

Gary
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabe Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:47 am

Sleep Sleep Sleep

Yikes, Kelly! What happened?
Gabe
Gabe
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Eater Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:57 am

omg its not going to be a jlo/Hilary stunt is it

"that's the first single"

"jk that was for buzz this is the real single"

"album..what album ?! Shocked   "
Soul Eater
Soul Eater

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next