Still Standing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LADY GAGA - BORN THIS WAY THREAD

+4
Malik
Gabe
Alonso
Gary
8 posters

Page 7 of 21 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14 ... 21  Next

Go down

LADY GAGA - BORN THIS WAY THREAD - Page 7 Empty Re: LADY GAGA - BORN THIS WAY THREAD

Post by Gary Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:45 am

If she performs HML at the Grammys there is a chance it may go Top 20.

Gary
Admin
Admin

https://stillstanding.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

LADY GAGA - BORN THIS WAY THREAD - Page 7 Empty Re: LADY GAGA - BORN THIS WAY THREAD

Post by Alonso Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:05 pm

Hi Gary,

Lady Gaga's next single should be "Sheibe."
Germano Blanco
Ribeirao Preto, Sao Paulo, Brazil

Hi Germano,

"Sheibe" does have a hooky chorus. Personally, I'd still prefer "Hair" as a pop radio single were another to be released from "Born This Way."

An Interscope executive confirmed to Billboard this week that he is not aware of any current plans for another single from the album.

So?? Question
Alonso
Alonso

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:01 am

I'm not surprised the label doesn't want her wasting more money.

She has been promoting this album for over a year and has spent a fortune on videos, performances, marketing, production costs on the album. And she has only sold 5.5million albums and about 20% of those were at reduced deals.

Only Born This Way single sold over 6million Worldwide wheras all 7 singles from The Fame/Monster BAR LoveGame sold over 6million.

Clearly it makes no further sense to flog a dead horse especially when the last 2 singles done nothing for album sales and failed in the majority of countries they were released in to make the top 10.

The label most likely wants her to go on tour NOW and make alot of the money back that was wasted on this project. And she seems to be taking her sweet time setting the tour up which I am sure they are not pleased with either. I would not be surprised if she was forced to do that 450 date tour because album/singles sales will not cover the expenses incurred in the last year.

Not looking good at all for GaGa.

Gary
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alonso Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:17 am

I agree that this project didn't fulfill all those high expectations but you describe it like it was a massive flop ala Bionic. Evil or Very Mad And it clearly wasn't. That doesn't mean I'm not worried about her. Actually, I don't really know what to expect in the future. Embarassed
Alonso
Alonso

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:20 am

Oh it was nowhere near the collassal flop of Bionic. In fact the music on BTW was quite good. But it sold 33% of the previous album and the single underperformed by her standards. The revenue earned does not cover the expenses spent! I think we are in for a lengthy tour to try and take some revenue in.

I wish she would just tweet her fans and let us know what she is planning.

Gary
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alonso Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:24 am

Gary wrote: I wish she would just tweet her fans and let us know what she is planning.

Same here.

Gary wrote: The revenue earned does not cover the expenses spent! I think we are in for a lengthy tour to try and take some revenue in.

How do you know that? Only an Interscope executive could confirm that to us. Not that they're going to tell us anyway lol. Laughing
Alonso
Alonso

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:30 am

There is no way 5.5million album sales at discount prices covers all that was spent on promotion. Just think about it - the producers, musicians, co-songwriters, music video costs - director (BTW), actors, dancers, props, locations, performances - dancers, back up singers, musicians, stage props, media awareness - magazine covers, album photoshoots, billboards, travel expenses - think of all the places she has been to in the last year staying at top class hotels with her entourage. No way is all of that covered for. This has to be one of the most expensive and extravagant promotions of an album ever. Interscope even said that before the launch of the album.

Gary
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alonso Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:33 am

I know. But we all know most artists and labels' revenues comes from ticket sales. That's why I don't understand what are they delaying the tour. The hype is dying. Well, let's be honest here, it's almost dead at this point.
Alonso
Alonso

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:39 am

Anyway here is some comments I read on ONTD which I thought were interesting about there being no new singles

I don't wish that she would disappear because I do enjoy her music, but she needs to go back to just being fun and sparkly and disco-y

Maybe she'll realize now that she just needs to bring it down a notch. She's gotten too crazy with her persona.

love gaga, but this whole era was botched big time. schiesse and government hooker should have been singles and MTN and U&I should have never seen the light of day as solo releases.

It's taken me until now to realize how great her first album/era really was. Nothing will ever touch that. Not only was the music better, but it was by the far the most genuine of her albums.

it kind of blows my mind how the born this way era went down. especially because it's so early in her career.

Interscope let her do her own thang this time because she did so well with TF/M but all artists need guidance and people to rein them in once in a while.

Unlike Katy Perry, she knows when to say when.

Gary
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alonso Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:48 am

it kind of blows my mind how the born this way era went down. especially because it's so early in her career.

Couldn't agree more with this. Back in January/February of last year I NEVER imagined how this era was going to turn out. I mean, Gaga was immaculate for me and this era proved me I was wrong.
Alonso
Alonso

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 21 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14 ... 21  Next