Still Standing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CHERYL COLE - A MILLION LIGHTS THREAD

4 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

CHERYL COLE - A MILLION LIGHTS THREAD - Page 4 Empty Re: CHERYL COLE - A MILLION LIGHTS THREAD

Post by Gary Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:00 am

^She had her opportunity to break the US and done a poor subpar job on the judging panel. The US practically slammed the door in her face.

She typically does release catchy singles (usually the lead single) but the rest of her albums are of a poor and weak standard. She said her albums are made up of tracks that other artists have turned down. Her album shoots are tacky. Her live performances have been ripped to shreds anytime she performs and the Americans HATE lip synching. I just can't see it happening for her on good looks alone and 1/2 decent song per album.

I also can't see Cher Llyod having a long term career over there either. LA Reid and Cowell will do their upmost to make sure the 1st single is a success which it probably will got Top 20 if given enough of a push. But clearly the quality of her music will eventually speak for itself "Swagger Jagger" etc then add in interviews and how unlikable she comes across. Hopefully soon she will back in her trailer park where she belongs. You can't polish a turd not matter how hard LA "The Racist" Reid tries to (funny how the majority of his artists are white that makes money yet his attitude to them was aloof on the X-Factor)

The UK music market is just as profitable at the moment. Many weeks now the number 1 album in the UK has outsold the number 1 album in the US. The singles market (which the artist gets very little $ from) is the only one with a major difference. I think she is wise to remain loyal to a country she knows she has success in rather than go to the US for 1 or 2 hits. Look what happened Natasha Bedingfield? Joss Stone? Now they can't score a hit on either side of the Atlantic. She makes a lot more in England than she is going to the US.

She don't have to release music in the US for you to enjoy it or for you to ogle at her in pictures and videos.

Gary
Admin
Admin

https://stillstanding.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

CHERYL COLE - A MILLION LIGHTS THREAD - Page 4 Empty Re: CHERYL COLE - A MILLION LIGHTS THREAD

Post by Gary Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:03 am

Cheryl Cole scores the fatest selling single of 2012 in the UK

With a staggering 152,000 downloads shifted since midnight last Sunday, it surpasses DJ Fresh and Rita Ora's 'Hot Right Now' (128,000) to net the best first-week sales for a 2012 single, and Gary Barlow and the Commonwealth Band's 'Sing' (143,000) to score the best any-week sales for a 2012 single.

Remarkably it is the THIRD time that Cheryl has bagged the fastest seller title in her solo career. 'Promise This' set a new record for 2010 opening sales when it netted 157,000 in its first week, prior to which 'Fight For This Love' sold an astonishing 292,845 in seven days in 2009.

'Call My Name' is her first solo effort to be launched without the huge platform of a performance on The X Factor.

Gary
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:18 am

Girls Aloud
01 Sound of the Underground
02 No Good Advice
03 Life Got Cold
02 Jump

02 The Show
02 Love Machine

01 I'll Stand By You
04 Wake Me Up

07 Long Hot Summer
04 Biology
09 See the Day
06 Whole Lotta History

03 Something Kinda Oh
04 I Think We're Alone Now

01 Walk This Way

05 Sexy! No No No...
03 Call the Shots
09 Can't Speak French

01 The Promise
10 The Loving Kind

11 Untouchable

Solo
01 Fight For This Love
04 3 Words
05 Parachute

01 Promise This

18 The Flood

01 Call My Name

Featured Artist
04 Will.I.Am - Heartbreaker
11 Will.I.Am - Check It Out

Charity
01 Helping Haiti - Everybody Hurts

Gary
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alonso Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:30 am

Whoa there. Exclamation Take it easy Gary. I was joking. Rolling Eyes I know that just because I think she's pretty doesn't mean she's gonna make it in the US. Of course not. I don't really know her tbh. I only remember her for Fight For This Love that was a moderate hit over here and I have to admit that I like Call My Name a lot but apart from that I don't really anything else about her. I was kidding ok? Wink
Alonso
Alonso

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:52 am

Alonso I think you need to take a seat tbh. I am only discussing and throwing out my opinion. I wasn't fired up or being remotely aggressive in anyway... Other people can have a different opinion. That doesn't make them agressive or hostile or in need to be told to calm down.

I respect and listen to your opinion and everyone else's opinion on here. Do the same for mine and please don't roll your eyes at me. It is rude.

Gary
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabe Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:13 am

LOL!!!!!!!
CHERYL COLE - A MILLION LIGHTS THREAD - Page 4 1460412_o
Gabe
Gabe
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:30 am

CHERYL COLE - A MILLION LIGHTS THREAD - Page 4 245n0gm

Gary
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alonso Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:16 am

Maybe I exaggerated a bit so sorry for the rolled eyes. Wink
Alonso
Alonso

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:29 am

Looks like Bieber will block her album from going number 1 in the UK

Gary
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabe Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:39 am

Gary wrote:Looks like Bieber will block her album from going number 1 in the UK

Anybody who chose to release an album the same week as his was just asking for it. There's nothing like the power of teen girls.
Gabe
Gabe
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next