Still Standing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CHERYL COLE - A MILLION LIGHTS THREAD

4 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

CHERYL COLE - A MILLION LIGHTS THREAD - Page 3 Empty Re: CHERYL COLE - A MILLION LIGHTS THREAD

Post by Alonso Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:49 am

Gary wrote:I think they look cheap and tacky except for the last 2...

Well, since you're a magazines expert, I guess you're pretty demanding when it comes to photoshoots. Razz I declare myself an ignorant in that field. Lauhing
Alonso
Alonso

Back to top Go down

CHERYL COLE - A MILLION LIGHTS THREAD - Page 3 Empty Re: CHERYL COLE - A MILLION LIGHTS THREAD

Post by Gabe Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:54 am

I agree with.... Gary. Except for the second pic and the last two, the rest are crap.
Gabe
Gabe
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:52 am

U.K. singer and near-miss-U.S. X Factor judge Cheryl Cole revealed Tuesday in an interview with London’s Daily Star that she has no plans to break into the U.S. pop music scene, crushing the dreams of her Stateside “soldiers” (you can’t be a pop star in 2012 without naming your fan base).

Cole is a star to millions outside the U.S. who know her as a member of Girls Aloud, a U.K. girl group formed through the reality show Popstars: The Rivals in 2002. Here, she’s mostly known for being unceremoniously booted from the American version of The X Factor and replaced by Pussycat Doll Nicole Scherzinger only weeks before the show’s debut. Little reason was given for cutting Cole, who was a judge on the original U.K. edition of the show and had already taped initial audition rounds in the U.S. — other than the fact that Cowell said she looked “uncomfortable” on the panel.

Since then, Cole has been working on her her third studio album, A Million Lights, due June 18 in her home country. This week, she also announced a string of fall tour dates to support the album, but not a single one finds Cole crossing the pond to promote the album here.

Gary
Admin
Admin

https://stillstanding.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:59 am

The album doesn't sound too good...

I was hoping that when given a lot longer to record that it would be stronger. But bar Call My Name there doesn't seem to be much else that stands out

There is this Super Deluxe Edition in a cool box set that is cheap enough. The first few copies were signed but I missed the deadline to get one signed. Might just wait just leave it now after hearing the quality of the songs.

Gary
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabe Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:24 am

Call My Name could have been a big hit here. Choosing not to cross over pretty much gives Cher Lloyd the green light to take her place. I said it from the start, there would be no place for both of them here... it would either be one or the other... and well, Cheryl decided not to come over and Cher is already going up the charts, so...

Idiotic decision.
Gabe
Gabe
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:20 am

Call My Name is set to hit number 1 in the UK and Ireland this week. It has sold 97,000 copies across Monday and Tuesday.

I think she is still a bit bitter about how things went down on the X-Factor USA. Girls Aloud are reforming before the year end so she will be recording with them as well as wrapping up her first solo tour and promoting the album. She had a great opportunity to go over to the US with FFTL which went Top 10 in nearly every country in the World.

Will.I.Am is her manager so obviously this was another decision on his part...

Gary
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alonso Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:10 pm

Gabe wrote:Call My Name could have been a big hit here.

I totally agree. It has what it takes to be a hit considering dance music has taken over the US. And it was produced by Calvin Harris who is getting big success in the US lately: We Found Love, Feels So Close, the new one, etc.
Alonso
Alonso

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinéad Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:30 am

Gabe wrote:Call My Name could have been a big hit here. Choosing not to cross over pretty much gives Cher Lloyd the green light to take her place. I said it from the start, there would be no place for both of them here... it would either be one or the other... and well, Cheryl decided not to come over and Cher is already going up the charts, so...

Idiotic decision.

Idiotic decision? You're acting like Cheryl Cole is the next Lady Gaga, lol. She really has nothing special about her. She can't sing well. She's not a brilliant dancer. She doesn't write her own music. Her songs are forgettable. What makes you think she would crack the US?

Sinéad
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabe Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:49 am

She's good looking and some of her songs are really catchy. Plus, she's a Brit and apparently Americans are obsessed with Brits lately.

That's more than enough. The US market isn't that tough to break into. Come on.

Katy Perry can't sing very well either and she doesn't dance... yet, she's the most successful female star right now.

Last edited by Gabe on Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gabe
Gabe
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Alonso Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:53 pm

^^ Cause she's damn pretty. Embarassed
Alonso
Alonso

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next