Still Standing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NO DOUBT - PUSH AND SHOVE THREAD

+2
Gabe
Gary
6 posters

Page 14 of 17 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Go down

NO DOUBT - PUSH AND SHOVE THREAD - Page 14 Empty Re: NO DOUBT - PUSH AND SHOVE THREAD

Post by Gabe Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:48 am

Wow, I can't believe it's THIS song that gets the best video. Loveeeed the video, but I would have liked it even more if it had been for One More Summer or one of the other two previous singles.
Gabe
Gabe
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Back to top Go down

NO DOUBT - PUSH AND SHOVE THREAD - Page 14 Empty Re: NO DOUBT - PUSH AND SHOVE THREAD

Post by Gary Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:19 am

I am not crazy about it but it is better than the other 2 videos that is for sure. Figures the weakest single gets the best video. One More Summer will probably be a tour video.

I still think they should have PROMOTED Push and Shove. I can't see this going anywhere regardless of what show they sing it on or what the video looks like. Seems they are finally starting to make an effort 2 singles too late. Interscope can't be happy with how this all went down.

Gary
Admin
Admin

https://stillstanding.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:42 am

They removed the Looking Hot video

"As a multi-racial band our foundation is built upon both diversity and consideration for other cultures. Our intention with our new video was never to offend, hurt or trivialize Native American people, their culture or their history. Although we consulted with Native American friends and Native American studies experts at the University of California, we realize now that we have offended people. This is of great concern to us and we are removing the video immediately. The music that inspired us when we started the band, and the community of friends, family, and fans that surrounds us was built upon respect, unity and inclusiveness. We sincerely apologize to the Native American community and anyone else offended by this video. Being hurtful to anyone is simply not who we are."
- No Doubt

Gary
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:45 am

I think this is ridiculous. There are far more offensive rap videos out there that promote race superiority. Oh look a Native American - RACISM. Rolling Eyes

Gary
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabe Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:28 am

Wow, can't believe it. Over sensitive people? I would take it as a compliment that artists today even care to pay tribute to them in a music video? Because that's how I see it and because who gives a damn about Native Americans these days anyway?
Gabe
Gabe
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Alonso Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:56 am

Gabe wrote:I would take it as a compliment that artists today even care to pay tribute to them in a music video?

Agreed. It is ridiculous indeed. It's just a music video, please. Rolling Eyes
Alonso
Alonso

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Eater Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:57 am

ND must have no celebrity power at all if they go to such meaures just to avoid a fight

its never topped Rihanna,Gaga or Madonna...

especially if they actually need some kind of promo might aswell
Soul Eater
Soul Eater

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:53 am

^I agree Ashley. In fact they got more promo from taking the video down then for making the video...

They performed LH on X-Factor UK tonight and it sounded awful live. Plus the album has been taken off iTunes UK for some reason so whatever extra sales the performance could have generated has been lost. What is going on with their management?>

Gary
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabe Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:22 am

What a mess of an era. Disaster comeback.
Gabe
Gabe
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:53 pm

The X-Factor UK Performance has done nothing for LH or the album. Both haven't charted in the TOP 100 of Ireland or the UK. Yet the Singles Collection (2003) looks set to chart at 63 and Don't Speak at 42 in the UK....

Gary
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 17 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next