Still Standing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KATY PERRY - PRISM THREAD

+3
Soul Eater
Gabe
Gary
7 posters

Page 1 of 38 1, 2, 3 ... 19 ... 38  Next

Go down

KATY PERRY - PRISM THREAD Empty KATY PERRY - PRISM THREAD

Post by Gary Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:27 am

The pop star is working with collaborators such as Max Martin, Dr. Luke, Bonnie McKee and others.

Katy Perry is halfway through her third album, the follow-up to “Teenage Dream,” which spawned five Hot 100 No. 1 singles. She has yet to feel any pressure.

“When I put myself on a timeline, when I tell the record company when I want to release the album, that’s when the race starts,” Perry said during a session Thursday at ASCAP’s I Create Music Expo. “That’s when I put pressure on myself.”

So far she has collaborated with many of the producers and songwriters behind “Teenage Dream,” among them Max Martin, Dr. Luke and Greg Wells.

Wells, she says, “allows me to vomit words. Not that I can’t find that with other but he just lets me [makes retching sound]. Max and Luke push me the most. As a team we have certain strengths. With Max, it’s melody choices, Luke is production and I’m topline and melody.”

She has also written new songs with Sia and continues to work with Bonnie McKee, her collaborator on “California Gurls” and “Teenage Dream.”

Working with Bonnie McKee "is like an emotional abuse session," she said. "Bonnie and I argue (like) we’re in the ring fighting for the best lyric. We presented ‘Teenage Dream’ three times (before it was recorded).”

At a recent session, Perry went in with a melody and verse to work with Greg Kurstin and McKee. “She came in from a yoga class and said, 'I want to write a song called 'Double Rainbow.'' So we have a song called ‘Double Rainbow.’”

Perry spent an hour taking questions from ASCAP executive VP, membership, Randy Grimmett, who had the singer-songwriter detail her career from her beginnings as a 13-year-old learning to play guitar to working in the Christian music world and then the ups and downs of her career prior to her chart success and arena tours.

Gary
Admin
Admin

https://stillstanding.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

KATY PERRY - PRISM THREAD Empty Re: KATY PERRY - PRISM THREAD

Post by Gabe Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:35 am

Katy Perry's new album would be "a little bit more grown up," BFF songwriter Bonnie McKee said in a recent interview with MTV. McKee, who helped pen Perry's hits like "California Gurls", "Last Friday Night" and "The One That Got Away", revealed to the site that she and Perry were working to make more "mature" music for the follow-up to 2010's "Teenage Dream". 

"I think it's a little bit more grown up and it's really interesting. I'm really excited for the world to hear it because she's taking a new approach," McKee said. However, she refused to share further details about the album, saying, "I don't want to say too much about it, but it's definitely different. It's definitely a little more mature than the 'California Gurls' of yesterday." 

McKee added that she would appear on some tracks in Perry's new album. ''We were just in [Perry's hometown of] Santa Barbara and we wrote three or four songs, I guess," she continued. "So I have four songs with her coming out.'' 

During the interview, McKee also talked about how she and Perry became good friends. "Katy and I are really similar. That's kind of how we became friends," McKee said of her friendship with the "Fireworks" hitmaker. "We met at Wasteland on Melrose [Avenue in Los Angeles], a thrift store. We just are totally on the same level... We're just soulmates in that way, I guess." 

In addition to working with McKee, Perry has worked with Sia Furler, Dr. Luke and Max Martin for her upcoming fourth studio album. Back in April, Perry confirmed that her album was halfway done.
Gabe
Gabe
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:36 pm

She played a new song to Vogue called "Bad Photographs". It is about how people on take pictures of good memories and how they should time capsule bad ones also to learn from them. The lyrics are there. I was going to post the thread when I read them but I knew it had to be Gabe that started the thread Lauhing 

Can't wait for this. This and ArtPop.

Gary
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabe Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:10 pm

She needs to release a single before Summer's over! Really can't wait to see what she's releasing next.
Gabe
Gabe
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabe Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:52 pm

Album will be titled "PRISM" being released October 22, 2013!

OHHHHH SHIT. I can't wait. Very Happy
Gabe
Gabe
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Eater Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:00 pm

look at that beauty

KATY PERRY - PRISM THREAD Xlst6nC
Soul Eater
Soul Eater

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:23 pm

Wow. Was not expecting it to be that close. Were you guys?

Gary
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alonso Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:34 pm

Me either. It was quite silent around her lately. Good news. I like the album's title. So if the album is dropping on October 22th the single probably is going to be released soon.
Alonso
Alonso

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabe Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:33 am

I knew they weren't going to miss the black friday and Christmas sales bracket. So in a way, I was expecting it.
Gabe
Gabe
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabe Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:24 pm

First single titled "Roar."
Gabe
Gabe
Forum Addict
Forum Addict