Still Standing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BEYONCÉ - BEYONCÉ THREAD

5 posters

Page 2 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Go down

BEYONCÉ - BEYONCÉ THREAD - Page 2 Empty Re: BEYONCÉ - BEYONCÉ THREAD

Post by Sinéad Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:01 am

Gabe wrote:Little OT...

I think you actually brought it nicely back ON topic! Lauhing

Sinéad
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabe Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:03 am

Hahaha! And I think you just took it back off. ROFL Topic
Gabe
Gabe
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:15 am

I giggled at the input code on tiny pic "good for nothing". I joke not. Poor Michelle. Those 3 minutes took her back into relevance again.

BEYONCÉ - BEYONCÉ THREAD - Page 2 35n4gnt

Gary
Admin
Admin

https://stillstanding.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabe Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:19 am

I like Michelle, but she's always been the odd one on that group. She just doesn't fit in, but somehow, it works!!! What would Destiny's Child be without her? LOL!
Gabe
Gabe
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:30 am

Sinéad wrote:She definitely works her butt off. But I don't feel any emotion at all. I suppose it's a personal thing. I like to "feel" something from a performance; be touched by it or be energised by it. I don't get that from her. To me, being a great performer isn't just about the dancing or singing skills you possess. It's about the heart behind it!
LOL! Soppy but true.

I strongly disagree. She has a set and targeted audience who she delivers 100% performances to be it high energy or ballads she hits the nail on the head everytime. It may not be televised but she has done incredibly moving performances on tour.

She isn't the type of artist that moves people to tears or may not be musically inclined with instruments but in my eyes that doesn't make her any less of a performer. If touching a heart is what it takes to be a great performer then Britney Spears is dead in water. Janet Jackson isn't a real artist. Vadge isn't a speck on the radar (in her heyday). But it can't be said they aren't great performers???

But everyone looks for something different in performances or performers. Touching music is brilliant but sometimes people just want to be entertained. And Beyonce does just that and more which makes her stand out compared to her pop rivals and explains why she has been arounds as long as she has.

Last edited by Gary on Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:35 am; edited 1 time in total

Gary
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:34 am

Gabe wrote:I like Michelle, but she's always been the odd one on that group. She just doesn't fit in, but somehow, it works!!! What would Destiny's Child be without her? LOL!
I really like Michelle. A real nice girl.

In fairness it has been a long time since she performed at this level and with dancing compared to Beyonce who was doing it pregnant and Kelly Rowland who has been dancing like a prostitute for the past 5 years singing about anal and oral sex for attention.

But I still cringed especially when it seemed like her mic was delibertly turned down.

Gary
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:12 am

I just read somewhere that Destiny's Child opened for Christina Aguilera all the way back in 2000. Isn't that crazy? How the tables have turned.

lol@

BEYONCÉ - BEYONCÉ THREAD - Page 2 1eb21z

Gary
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabe Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:34 pm

Gary wrote:

lol@

BEYONCÉ - BEYONCÉ THREAD - Page 2 1eb21z

That gif! ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL
Gabe
Gabe
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinéad Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:44 am

Gary wrote:
Sinéad wrote:She definitely works her butt off. But I don't feel any emotion at all. I suppose it's a personal thing. I like to "feel" something from a performance; be touched by it or be energised by it. I don't get that from her. To me, being a great performer isn't just about the dancing or singing skills you possess. It's about the heart behind it!
LOL! Soppy but true.

I strongly disagree. She has a set and targeted audience who she delivers 100% performances to be it high energy or ballads she hits the nail on the head everytime. It may not be televised but she has done incredibly moving performances on tour.

She isn't the type of artist that moves people to tears or may not be musically inclined with instruments but in my eyes that doesn't make her any less of a performer. If touching a heart is what it takes to be a great performer then Britney Spears is dead in water. Janet Jackson isn't a real artist. Vadge isn't a speck on the radar (in her heyday). But it can't be said they aren't great performers???

But everyone looks for something different in performances or performers. Touching music is brilliant but sometimes people just want to be entertained. And Beyonce does just that and more which makes her stand out compared to her pop rivals and explains why she has been arounds as long as she has.

I see what you're saying! I guess I just haven't seen the sincere Beyoncé in a long time. By the way I didn't just mean I want performances to make ME feel something. I like to see the performers being sincere and not all bidnizzzz! lol

Sinéad
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:58 am

^I get where you are coming from. Absolutely. albino

BEYONCÉ - BEYONCÉ THREAD - Page 2 14cd4d5

Gary
Admin
Admin