Still Standing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ALICIA KEYS - GIRL ON FIRE THREAD

5 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

ALICIA KEYS - GIRL ON FIRE THREAD - Page 2 Empty Re: ALICIA KEYS - GIRL ON FIRE THREAD

Post by Gabe Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:33 pm

The song isn't hers. It's 50 Cent featuring Dr. Dre and Alicia Keys.
Gabe
Gabe
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Back to top Go down

ALICIA KEYS - GIRL ON FIRE THREAD - Page 2 Empty Re: ALICIA KEYS - GIRL ON FIRE THREAD

Post by Heike Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:31 pm

Gary wrote:Didn't even know she released anything yet Lauhing
same here Question
Heike
Heike
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:14 pm

They already have a remix of the lead single featuring Nicki Minaj. Guess Alicia really wants those sales...

Gary
Admin
Admin

https://stillstanding.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:39 am

Gary
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabe Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:47 am

Mehhh, average.
Gabe
Gabe
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:49 am

Discussing that never released "Put It In A Love Song" video with Beyoncé

“Ohhh man! Y’all aren’t going to leave me alone about that! Sometimes with creative things [it] all comes together and it’s (makes perfection kissing noise) and sometimes things almost come together and it’s better to just leave it. So we love that song.

We had a ball shooting the video. It just so happens that the whole thing, for some reason or another, didn’t quite come together so we just decided to leave it. And that’s what happened.”

Gary
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Heike Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:47 pm

Heike
Heike
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:29 am

She needs to take some risks with her music and videos. There is no denying she is a very talented artist but she isn't getting the right songs. Perhaps it is time she stepped back and let other artists write with her or for her. She needs an injection of adrenaline or some sort of reboot.

This sounds similar to "No One". It is the same strategy with every record she puts out - first single is a big ballad and usually the best song on the album and then the rest flies under the radar as they all sound the same. I would find it difficult to name her 2nd, 3rd, 4th singles from any of her albums. The best thing about Put It In A Love Song was that it was different from what she typically done.

I have no doubt this will album will still sell respectably in the US due to her name recognition but it all sounds the same to me.

Gary
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by toom Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:31 am

Wasn't a huge fan of Girl on Fire until recently. I thought it was really repetitive but I find myself singing it now haha.

toom

Back to top Go down

Post by Alonso Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:22 am

YOUR TOP 15: Post-Black Friday brings the expected sales drops, only one new release in the Top 15 and several Christmas titles showing seasonal gains. Here's how it looks headed into the weekend:

* Alicia Keys (RCA) 150-160k
Rod Stewart (Verve) 130-140k
Taylor Swift (Big Machine) 120-130k
Phillip Phillips (19/Interscope) 80-85k
One Direction (Syco/Columbia) 75-80k

Ouch. Very low for Alicia's standars. Shocked It's strange because Girl On Fire remix is growing a lot on radio. I remember Doesn't Mean Anything was a flop and she still managed to debut with +300k.
Alonso
Alonso

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next