Still Standing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LORDE - PURE HEROINE ALBUM THREAD

4 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

LORDE - PURE HEROINE ALBUM THREAD - Page 3 Empty Re: LORDE - PURE HEROINE ALBUM THREAD

Post by Sinéad Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:43 am

I'm not being snobby. I'm not saying her music is below me. And I didn't mean no one else should listen to her music, sorry if it sounded like that! It's just a personal thing. It just doesn't do it for me. I'm just old. You know lyrics are important to me. Someone who just turned 17 is a kid to me, and her lyrics wouldn't interest me (due to lack of life experience). Just my opinion.

Sinéad
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

LORDE - PURE HEROINE ALBUM THREAD - Page 3 Empty Re: LORDE - PURE HEROINE ALBUM THREAD

Post by Gary Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:57 am

Have you even tried listening to Royals, Team or Tennis Court?

How can you not try something because of someone's age!?! Sorry that just baffles me! It is like me saying I don't listen to Katy Perry because she is 6 years older than me. I just couldn't be that way. Maybe it is just me.

I try to be open minded with everything - music, movies, books etc. I would never shut myself off. Each to their own!

Gary
Admin
Admin

https://stillstanding.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabe Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:33 pm

I agree with Gary on this one.  Lauhing 

If I didn't know how old she was, judging by her lyrics and musical style and even the way she looks I would have guessed she was 27, definitely not 17. The two songs I've heard from her are very mature for her age.

But Sinéad, you have enjoyed songs from One Direction, Demi Lovato and the Bieber. I don't get it!

"Team" is fucking incredible. So unusual, definitely one of my favorite songs of 2014 already.
Gabe
Gabe
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:17 am

First she called her a drug pusher and now a kid J/K. Lol. Give her a try S!

Gary
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabe Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:54 am

Gary wrote:First she called her a drug pusher and now a kid J/K. Lol. Give her a try S!

LORDE - PURE HEROINE ALBUM THREAD - Page 3 Tumblr_lfp52xcPan1qde7ww
Gabe
Gabe
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:55 am

LMAO. I had that saved ready to use.  ROFL 

Gary
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinéad Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:30 am

LOL guys seriously I have been feeling guilty about what I wrote. It did come off snobby and I'm sorry. What I should have said was I FEEL too old to BUY a 17 year old's music! Actually earlier in the day (the day I made the comment) I had been listening to old Green Day in the car and thought to myself.. "What age were they when they recorded this? Am I a bit pathetic listening to it and enjoying it at my age?" LOL! But then I consoled myself with "It's OK, I was young when I first started listening to it."  Lauhing  What a freak of nature. That might have been where the random Lorde opinion stemmed from!

Last edited by Sinéad on Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:33 am; edited 1 time in total

Sinéad
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinéad Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:31 am

AND to REALLY show that I'm sorry, I'm going to give Lorde a try!  Hug Sorry again!

Sinéad
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabe Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:24 pm

The last thing going through your mind when you listen to her is her age. Her music and her lyrics are beyond her years.

Listen to these:

Gabe
Gabe
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:02 am

Go for it S!

Lorde won 2 Grammys last night. This era has just been amazing so far for her.

Gary
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next