Still Standing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2012 & 2013 - The Years of Disappointment

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

2012 & 2013 - The Years of Disappointment Empty 2012 & 2013 - The Years of Disappointment

Post by Gary Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:45 am

So what was your most disappointing comeback or new album and song from an artist that you enjoy?

Last edited by Gary on Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:45 am; edited 1 time in total

Gary
Admin
Admin

https://stillstanding.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

2012 & 2013 - The Years of Disappointment Empty Re: 2012 & 2013 - The Years of Disappointment

Post by Gary Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:52 am

No Doubt
I was pumped for this record. Always been a big fan of them and Gwen. Have all their albums and dvds. Waited so long for this after several delays. The first single was fantastic. It felt like it was going to be worth the wait.

But it wasn't. The 2 singles were fantastic. One Last Summer and Gravity were great. Looking Hot was alright. But everything else felt like a 30minute track. I couldn't tell you the names of the songs after Gravity. Thats how much they all blend in. They are bad. They just are there and go no where.

After being so experimental with SD and P+S it is disappointing they played the rest of the album so safe. It really does feel like rejects that Gwen Stefani didn't get to use (which is what her second album sounded like too bar 3/4 songs tbh). To spend so long writing and recording this just makes the whole thing worse. Not to mention Stefani's dismissals of her (superior to this) solo career which left an even bitter taste after the disappointment.

Gary
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

2012 & 2013 - The Years of Disappointment Empty Re: 2012 & 2013 - The Years of Disappointment

Post by Gabe Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:11 am

I was disappointed by No Doubt's album - although it has 4 songs on it that were worth the wait. What disappointed me the most about this comeback was their lack of interest in real promo and the lack of creativity in the music videos.

Although it's still early, I've thrown the towel on Ashlee Simpson's comeback after watching the 50 seconds of her shiteous new single.

And of course, Nelly Furtado. I don't even know where to begin with her comeback...
Gabe
Gabe
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Eater Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:03 am

nodoubt and nelly but....as for ppl that i actually was a fan of in a way
Rihanna...which now i hate again...i wanted another "Loud"....that burned...
Soul Eater
Soul Eater

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:20 am

2013 wasn't much better was it? These would be my most disappointing of 2013

Lady GaGa
ARTPOP - Pretentious mess beside the 2 singles, Donatella and GUY. I really felt this was going to be a positive or negative turning point in her career and I think it ended being a negative one. Her antics have been tiring for years but when she was releasing Bad Romances, Poker Faces, Alejandros, Just Dance, Judas quality music nobody really cared. Then she started releasing songs like Swine etc and the desperate pleas on twitter for fans to buy the album.

Britney Spears
Her most personal album yet. Everyone was thinking the last time she said that was In The Zone. She took a nice break and there was great excitement. Then it was revealed Will.I.Am was executive producer. Then Work Bitch was meh to me but great video. Then I heard the album in full and it contained some of her worst songs to date. Then Jamie Lynn outshadowed her with 1 song.

Justin Timberlake
7 year wait. Everyone was excited. Suit and Tie was meh but it grew. Mirrors video and song was more like it. But the album only had 4/5 decent songs and the length of each track was mood killers to the point it all blended into one. The the part 2 released in Sept was AWFUL especially the Take Back the Night single and video which were his most cringiest solo releases to date.

Gary
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabe Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:27 am

Britney was definitely the most disappointing release, she takes that #1. Justin had a handful of great songs on those two albums! Sure it was a long ass wait, but at least he gave us a little something worth it.

Lady Gaga, I don't even know what to say really. I loved the two singles, two of her best songs to date, IMO. But the rest of the album was a let down.

Don't forget Mariah Carey's failed attempt at a comeback! If anybody is having a hard time, it's her! "Beautiful" was promising but it really did nothing, and the second single was just an awful mess. I wonder if we'll ever see her release this album?
Gabe
Gabe
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:31 am

OMG you all have to go back and rereading the Nelly Furtado thread. I am reading it and laughing so hard

https://stillstanding.forummotion.com/t433-nelly-furtado-the-spirit-indestructible-thread

-"The ending represents her career"
-"I'm sorry" picture
-Gabe's willingness to like TSI song until I turn him against it
-Meu Fraucasso
-The Parking Lot single
-The sales estimates

ROFL ROFL ROFL

Gary
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabe Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:55 am

Oh God! I haven't heard those songs since they came out! Re-listening to "Big Hoops" WTFFFFF was she doing with her voice? She sounds like a cartoon mouse.

LMAO @ Ashley being the only one in that thread who liked "Big Hoops."  Lauhing 

I forgot I actually quite liked "Spirit Indestructible" and the video for it!!!! Still can't listen to it right now though and enjoy it as I once did before someone brought up her annoying nasal vocals.  Lauhing 

I actually just laughed at the Parking Lot single cover.  Lauhing 

And then 5,000 first week sales.  StraightFace  StraightFace  StraightFace  StraightFace 

Seriously though. One question! Her voice?
Gabe
Gabe
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:29 am

Jessie J... What went wrong there???

This would be on my Top 5 Worst of the Year:

Gary
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabe Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:37 pm

Her creativity got shaved away like her hair.
Gabe
Gabe
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next