Still Standing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LADY GAGA - ARTPOP THREAD

+3
Alonso
Gabe
Gary
7 posters

Page 3 of 48 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 25 ... 48  Next

Go down

LADY GAGA - ARTPOP THREAD - Page 3 Empty Re: LADY GAGA - ARTPOP THREAD

Post by Alonso Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:25 am

Haha. Lauhing I read about it. And I also want to hear new music again. Mad It's just that I don't want her to mess up this era. Releasing a new album in let's say late November (like TFM) could boost album sales during holiday season and she would have the whole next year to keep promoting it. However, I'm not sure if that could be a smart move considering she's touring until next year, so the combination of new album + BTW Ball tour could be kinda confusing.
Alonso
Alonso

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:05 am

Album out next Spring
First single is coming soon (normal soon - not her version of soon)
Every song on the album will have a video

Also she is doing a film about the Born This Way tour with Terry Richardson much like Part of Me. It will be released to theatres. It won't be in 3D.

All confirmed by her on LittleMonsters.Com

Gary
Admin
Admin

https://stillstanding.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Alonso Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:21 pm

More info (from that chat):

- Jo Calderone will make a comeback!

- Gaga's role in “Machete Kills” is a small role, she feels is perfect for her to sink her teeth into!

- Gaga hopes to attend premieres of the movie!

- The movie is not in 3D and is Rated R and Weird!

- The commercial for her FAME fragrance will be released by August 22nd!

- Gaga is trying to build a voting system so we can choose all her makeup, hair etc. for events!

- "I'm in love with Taylor. He treats me like a queen, and he's so successful on his own!"

- Highlight of Gaga's career, in her opinion:

* Paparazzi performance at VMAs 2009

* Grammys Red Carpet in Vessel & BTW performance

* Meat Dress

* Bad Romance & Telephone video

* "And I think the next one will be soon"

She also said that Telephone video will have a sequel soon.

More info:

Lady Gaga wrote:I cried all the time last year.

Lady Gaga wrote:I'm really happy lately.

Lady Gaga wrote:You have to remember I'm just a 26 year old rocker hippie from New York.

Lady Gaga wrote:I was depressed a lot during album campaign.

Because it's in headlines everyday.

Because people were focused on the drama and no the message.

I'm really happy now.

But I worked really hard on that album.

Lady Gaga wrote:I'm so happy now. I write songs everyday.

I'm kinda overwhelmed by all the stuff we get from LM last few days. It's hard to keep up cause she's posting so much. Shocked

Alonso
Alonso

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:10 am

Lady Gaga will appear on a new track with Cher, "The Greatest Thing," the latter tweeted last weekend (July 29). The song will appear on Cher's forthcoming album, her first since 2001's Living Proof.

"GAGA IS MAJOR&Her VOCAL IS AMAZING!KUK Heard TGTLast nite 4 1st Time & FREAKED," she wrote, followed by: "Finished Song!I LOVE IT! Cant tell names of songs cause Record CO. gave Strict ORDERS ! THINK 1st Single drops Oct. then cd near Xmas."

Later, after fans asked Cher about the release of the Gaga track, Cher confirmed that it would be on the upcoming, yet-to-be-titled LP:

"NONONO ITS ON NEW CD! If it was out you'd know! Gotta get ready 4 studio! No chats for awhile."

Gaga's Born This Way Ball tour starts up again mid-August in Sofia, Bulgaria for its European leg.

Gary
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabe Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:07 pm

I was just thinking... for this album, I think Gaga will benefit from the Adele burn-out, Katy Perry's absence and Rihanna's decline.
Gabe
Gabe
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Alonso Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:19 pm

Gabe wrote:I was just thinking... for this album, I think Gaga will benefit from the Adele burn-out, Katy Perry's absence and Rihanna's decline.

Let's hope so. Praying By the way...

Lady Gaga wrote:The new album is less serious. I`m in a less serious mood.

If this turns out to be true, we're on the right track. Twisted Evil I'm here for this less serious Gaga. Bring it on! Basketball

Alonso
Alonso

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:30 pm

I think everyone wants a fun GaGa again. People have missed that since Poker Face. She has released fun tracks since but the videos were dark. I think she realises the mistake she made with BTW.

Gary
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabe Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:44 am

BTW was an excellent album. Sure, it was not very radio friendly, but it was great. I'm glad she released it.
Gabe
Gabe
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:01 am

So I am. I don't think there were any bad bad songs on it (well maybe The Queen). I still think it was a brilliant album. The problem lay with the performances and videos and all around dark feel including art work. She drowned it herself with pretension and unwillingness to take advice from anyone else including MV directors. She believed that she was untouchable after the success of TF/TFM and that she could do whatever the hell she liked but unfortunately it just didn't work out. And while the album outsold all her rivals (except for Adele) it could have shifted a lot more copies especially since after TEOG she didn't really have many hits with the YAI (Which only really the US accepted) and MTN. She sold alot of copies on the back of 3 singles if you think about it.

The label let her have too much control and ultimately what could have been a great era (as the music was brilliant) was overshadowed by rubbish lengthy videos (bar Judas and You and I) and silly performances (Majority of MTN such as the extra head on the X-Factor or You and I at the VMAs as Joe). The visuals and her antics took the focus away from a solid album. She delivered some incredible performances during TF/TFM but with BTW I doubt I could even name you one performance were I was like "wow" and I wowed for a lot of her TF/TFM performances.

I discovered this girl around June 2008. Actually it was on Perez Hilton's website. I remember watching the video (Just Dance) and thinking wow that girl really has something. She is going to big someday. A few months later Octoberish I think I heard Poker Face and downloaded the album. I remember just thinking she was the best thing that happened to pop in years. I still believe that. Lady GaGa has been the best thing that has happened to pop and dance music in the past 4 years. She has an exceptional voice that is not always conveyed in her music. She just needs to keep releasing good pop tunes and now when to tone the theatrics down and be able to be creative with other people. I have no doubt in my mind 30 years from now she will still be out there performing and releasing good music.

Gary
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:17 am

Last week, the 'Judas' singer posted a picture of her latest tattoo - the word 'ARTPOP' in black ink on her forearm - along with the message "new album, new ink", provoking speculation that it was the name of her latest work.

The star took to Twitter again today to confirm the album title.

"Make sure when writing about my new album/project ARTPOP that you CAPITALIZE the title," she wrote. "*Its all in the details* good morning twitter!"

GaGa is expected to release ARTPOP - her third studio LP - early next year. She recently played a new song for a small group of fans after getting ambushed in her car in New York City last month.

GaGa is currently touring in support of her latest record, Born This Way, and will embark on the European set of dates on August 14. She will also release her first fragrance 'Fame' later this month and will make her movie debut in director Robert Rodriguez's Machete Kills this autumn.

Gary
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 48 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 25 ... 48  Next