Still Standing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PINK - THE TRUTH ABOUT LOVE THREAD

+4
Heike
Gabe
Soul Eater
Gary
8 posters

Page 8 of 24 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 16 ... 24  Next

Go down

PINK - THE TRUTH ABOUT LOVE THREAD - Page 8 Empty Re: PINK - THE TRUTH ABOUT LOVE THREAD

Post by Alonso Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:04 pm

I don't like that song either. It's such a typical Pink song, nothing new, the same old formula.
Alonso
Alonso

Back to top Go down

PINK - THE TRUTH ABOUT LOVE THREAD - Page 8 Empty Re: PINK - THE TRUTH ABOUT LOVE THREAD

Post by Gabe Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:50 pm

Typical Pink, yes, but she knows what works though, the song has been massive on radio. Can she risk another era like Try This?
Gabe
Gabe
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:33 pm

She doesn't have to! Nobody wants another Try This! There are plenty of other sounds out there and plenty of other things to write about than fighting/beating up your boyfriend (as she proved on Fuckin Perfect). She isn't showing great growth as an artist IMO. An artist shouldn't make music with sales in mind especiallly someone who apparently goes against the grain like Pink.

I'm Not Dead was a mixed bag of everything from the lyrics to the music to the videos. I still think as a whole album it was her best work. Funhouse to me was good but certainly a step down. It was repetitive. Fight Fight Fight. Butch Butch Butch. It had a couple of fantastic songs but they all said the same thing - "I am the man in this relationship". There was nothing fantasically written on it like Dear Mr President, Who Knew, Long Way To Happen or I'm Not Dead. You had your cheeky Pink songs like U and Ur Hand and Cuz I Can on I'm Not Dead too. She needs to find that mix again.

I have spoken to friends and they all feel the same. My Dad likes Pink too and he thinks she has that formula we mentioned. I guess people are starting to feel the same. Blow Me (One Last Kiss) went Top 10 in some countries on the back of 1st week sales and then quickly fell. It stayed static in the US and they have been creaming over the majority of stuff she has released since So What.

I will buy the album for sure but I hope to see a bit of an improvement in her music. I just don't want 14 songs of the same crap and 3/4 fantastic singles.

Gary
Admin
Admin

https://stillstanding.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Eater Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:58 am

btw single covers should be better than the album covers cos 80% of tese cover are bougt electronically
nobody is wasting money on printing covers for plastic boxes at Walmart

Britneys Blackout is still the coolest and most colorfull loaded cover ive ever seen on a shelve
it pops right into your eyes and u wanna get it cos it looks cool
Soul Eater
Soul Eater

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:04 am

In The Zone was my fave Britney cover. Blackout is underrated IMO. It was hot mess but some catchy tunes.

Gary
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Eater Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:09 pm

that video sucked wtf:|
Soul Eater
Soul Eater

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:05 am

1 week until the album is out here. I really hoped we would get a new song before the album release.

Gary
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabe Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:20 am

Blow Me has grown on me a lot. I quite like it now.
Gabe
Gabe
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:10 pm

Guess someone was reading:

Gary
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabe Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:04 am

I really liked the chorus! I like this better than Blow Me.
Gabe
Gabe
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 24 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 16 ... 24  Next