Still Standing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monica~New Life

2 posters

Go down

Monica~New Life Empty Monica~New Life

Post by Tamara Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:12 am

http://blog.syracuse.com/entertainment/2012/02/brandy_monica_new_duet_it_all_belongs_to_me.html

Brandy and Monica sang about fighting over a man's love in the 1998 Grammy-winning single "The Boy Is Mine." The song spent 13 weeks at No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 charts, a feat only matched twice since (Black Eyed Peas, "I Gotta Feeling" and Mariah Carey, "We Belong Together").

Now the R&B singers have reunited for a new duet, called "It All Belongs to Me." Produced by Rico Love, who was behind Beyonce's "Sweet Dreams," the new track sounds like a direct follow-up as they sing about girl power and kicking guys who mistreat them to the curb.

"I know you mad, can't take no more/ But put that back, that ain't yours/ Have a fit, slam the door but leave them bags on the floor/ That s*** belongs to me..." the matured Brandy Norwood sings.

According to MTV, two different versions of the song will appear on Monica's seventh album "New Life," due April 10, and Brandy's untitled sixth album, in the spring. A video for the new single, directed by Chris Robinson, will be shot on February 13.

"Dream Big. Gods truth is in us all. So Walk in your purpose. Thanks to all those who have supported the journey MB & @4everBrandy 2012❤IABTM," Monica tweeted about the reunion.

Since "The Boy Is Mine," the two singers have had very separate careers.

Now a single mother to a 9-year-old daughter, the 32-year-old Brandy appeared in several films and reality shows, including as a judge on "America's Got Talent" and a contestant on "Dancing with the Stars." She most recently co-starred on VH-1's "Brandy & Ray J: A Family Business" with her brother, a singer himself and ex-boyfriend of Kim Kardashian.

Monica Brown, now 31, released six albums and became a mother to two children with ex-boyfriend rapper-producer Rodney "Rocko" Hill. In 2010, she married NBA player Shannon Brown, who is currently a guard with the Phoenix Suns.

Tamara

Back to top Go down

Monica~New Life Empty Re: Monica~New Life

Post by Tamara Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:13 am

The New Song with Brandy was released yesterday..

Tamara

Back to top Go down

Post by Alonso Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:31 am

"You need to give it up, had about enough, it's not hard to see the boy is mine..." One of the best duos ever.
Alonso
Alonso

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamara Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:48 am

Alonso wrote:"You need to give it up, had about enough, it's not hard to see the boy is mine..." One of the best duos ever.

Me too..LOL It was #1 for 13 weeks.. I dont know if the new song will have the same success but I can see it being #1 tho..Love them & the song..

Tamara

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down