Still Standing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MADONNA - M.D.N.A. THREAD

+4
GlenMarley
Alonso
Gary
Soul Eater
8 posters

Page 24 of 24 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24

Go down

MADONNA - M.D.N.A. THREAD - Page 24 Empty Re: MADONNA - M.D.N.A. THREAD

Post by Alonso Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:16 am

^Haha thanks for making us laugh now and then. Btw, nice signature. So colorful!
Alonso
Alonso

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:30 pm

Fluff Ball wrote:at the concert i sat right by the end of the row so everyone always passed by me and my friend next to me sat next to a chinese guy who was encouraged to get drunk so he left in and out in and out like 20 times getting beer till he could barly stand so the guy next to him is like "dude another one!" and hes like "ok" and hes walking and i pushed him back and said "ok enough beer already!" and the idiot next to him i told his girlfriend "control your boyfriend bitch madonna would not appreciate it".
then madonna had whiskey during gang bang....so shes like "you were sayinnnnng"

I hate drunk people at concerts! At Kelly Clarkson there was these 2 large girls in front of us that came to the concert absolutely smashed and for the first few songs they kept going on like Adele with silly faces and hand movements like how she performs. Eventually one passed out the other just didn't bother performing on her own.

Gary
Admin
Admin

https://stillstanding.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Alonso Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:43 am

Psy at Madonna's MDNA concert in Madison Square Garden:

I'm so disappointed with this woman this year. First, releases a forgettable album with shitty singles including Nicki Minaj in a desperate attempt to appeal to younger audiences, talks sh*t about Lady Gaga in order to get attention and invites Justin Bieber to join her on stage and says wonderful things about him like if he was the new Michael Jackson or something (aka as blasphemy), then showing her nipples in a series of concerts to get some headlines and now dancing to Gangnam Style. Neutral
Alonso
Alonso

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:16 am

I can't believe her son jons her on stage. If it was my mother I would be trying to hide her and cover her up instead of assisting her with shitting all over her legacy.

I actually feel really sorry for her at this point. She really thinks she can still compete with the young superstars of today and chases after all the latest trends and pop stars in order to keep in the spotlight. She practically turned into a black hip hop star in order to get the urban and black market with Gimme All Ur Love, she then decided to be a disco queen and aimed to please the gays with Girl Gone Wild with the video, then she decided to play a Euro yummy mommy for On the Radio. And none of them have worked.

She has latched onto Britney, Madonna, Kylie, Justin Beiber, Justin Timberlake, Pharell, Timbaland, Psy, Nicki Minaj, Mya, Barack Obama and Lady GaGa in an attempt to keep herself in the spotlight and really all it has done is ridiculed her in the process. I guess she is happy with the money the tour is raking in but really nobody else seems to be happy or excited with what she is doing presently.

Gary
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Eater Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:47 am

im happy
i was sooo hoping shes do gangnam style during my concert Sad

gangnam style is a cool thing
its fun when big names do it now my life would be perfect if justin does it lol
Soul Eater
Soul Eater

Back to top Go down

Post by Alonso Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:54 am

Agreed. For years she re-invented herself era after era. She didn't need all these publicity stunts in order to stay relevant. But now she just come across as desperate and eager for the minimal attention and that's sad for a 54 year old woman who has nothing left to prove, we all know she is good in what she does. At this time, she doesn't need more chart-toppers I guess, she has a huge catalog of hits that many artists would die to have, so if a song becomes a hit it would be great but the main goal should be to release good music and try new sounds and territories. The last thing you expect after 3 and a half years since her last project is a rush album just to have an excuse for touring.
Alonso
Alonso

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:21 am

I agree. Sexuality played a big part of her act. She always pushed the envelope through her videos and suggestive performances. But that was in the late 80s/90s when she was in her late 20s and early 30s. Now she is a 50 something woman with 3 children (and 2 adoptive) and it just doesn't sit right.

The point where it first became embarassing was the Hung Up video when she wore the leotard. But now that seems like Disney Channel compared to her recent videos. I don't like how she has tried to latch onto the hiphop community and promotes the negative aspects of it such as gun culture and gang culture. It just looks foolish on a 54 year old woman wearing hoodies running across the stage brandishing guns Rolling Eyes

But it this way. I would expect Lady GaGa to be acting like this now. But I shudder to think if 30 years down the line she will still be acting the same. Madonna has made more than enough money for to last many many lifetimes. She could easily hang it up or make more listenable music for her fans even if it means less chart success. And actually the failure of MDNA just proves her fans don't want her rapping or any of this rubbish she has been doing since American Life. Everything after Ray of Life has just been a nose dive (COTDF was decent) in quality and effort.

Time to stop competing with Lady GaGa, Rihanna and Nicki Minaj. Every single, album and video in trying to compete with them erodes her legacy. And yes I am a Madonna fan but you can't be a fan of an artist if you can't honestly admit these things. If the quality isn't up to scratch I say it and I don't buy it.

Gary
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 24 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24