Still Standing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ADELE - 21 THREAD

+3
Malik
Gabe
Alonso
7 posters

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

ADELE - 21 THREAD - Page 8 Empty Re: ADELE - 21 THREAD

Post by Malik Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:14 am

YOU VERY WELL KNOW I LIKE VARIED TYPE OF MUSIC. I THINK I CAN GET GARY. LANA IS LIKE THE LITTLE MONSTERS' ADELE. BUT YOU CANNOT DENY SHE HAS A LANGUID TONE... :-) ITS HIGH TIME PEOPLE ACKNOWLEDGE ADELE/HER PRODUCERS FOR MAKING A GOOD ALBUM. THERE IS A REASON SHE IS TOUCHING SO MANY HEARTS. ITS NOT SOME FLUKE OR CHANCE. AND DONT GET WRONG, I'M NOT HER DIE HARD FAN. I JUST LIKE HER VOICE. BUT GAGA I LIKE THE WHOLE PERSONA INCLUDING HER REAL LIFE ACTIVITIES AND DEDICATION TO FANS ETC. (OFFTOPIC - DID YOU PEOPLE SEE HER RECENT PHOTOS IN CHICAGO SHE LOOKS DAMN HOT!)
Malik
Malik

Back to top Go down

Post by Malik Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:23 am

I WAS THINKING ABOUT THIS OFLATE... BORN THIS WAY WAS SUPPOSED TO BE THE ALBUM OF THE DECADE, BUT THE IRONY OF NATURE IS SUCH THAT OUT OF NOWHERE ANOTHER ALBUM CAME IN THE 'VERY' SAME YEAR AND BECAME THE ALBUM OF THE DECADE. I MEAN WHAT ARE THE CHANCES OF THAT! I WAS SHATTERED TO SEE GAGA SEE SOMEONE ELSE TAKE GRAMMYS AND CLAP FOR HER...
Malik
Malik

Back to top Go down

Post by Malik Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:38 am

AND I DONT THINK 21 IS OVERRATED. THE ALBUM HAS REACHED SUCH A STATE WHERE ITS BECOME PART OF SOCIAL LIFE. A PERSON WHO HASNT HEARD THE ALBUM WOULD FEEL LEFT OUT OF CONVERSATION. THE ALBUM HAS BECOME LIKE A DAILY COMMODITY SO THATS WHY THE HUMUNGUS SALES AND HYPE.
Malik
Malik

Back to top Go down

Post by Alonso Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:52 am

I agree with you Malik. Maybe Gary and other people don't like Adele but we can't deny the fact taht 21 has had a huge impact in popular culture. I mean, now Adele is as known as Gaga or every other pop star in the world. And she's on another league IMO because she's not controversial or sexy so you should give some her credit for that, the world needed something like that. In fact, lots of people identify themselves with her because she's just a normal woman singing about how life and love.
Alonso
Alonso

Back to top Go down

Post by Malik Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:23 am

Alonso wrote:I agree with you Malik. Maybe Gary and other people don't like Adele but we can't deny the fact taht 21 has had a huge impact in popular culture. I mean, now Adele is as known as Gaga or every other pop star in the world. And she's on another league IMO because she's not controversial or sexy so you should give some her credit for that, the world needed something like that. In fact, lots of people identify themselves with her because she's just a normal woman singing about how life and love.
EXACTLY! JUST SEE HER CONCERT VIDEO AND YOU'LL SEE THE IMPACT/INFLUENCE SHE'S HAVING...
Malik
Malik

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:46 am

I have never denied Adele's talent or belittled her. I wasn't jealous by the success of 21 or how many Grammys she won. I am fully aware of her success Alonso please don't lump me into an ignorant category.

Just because I feel that the album is overrated and overplayed like 2 other members on here feel doesn't mean I am blind to charts, sales and award shows.

I Alonso feel that one on one you are an extremely nice person such as the games section. However you have a gang mentality where when one person is forcing an opinion on another person you tend to gang up with them like you have done with Gabe several times and now with Malik. I don't know if you are aware you are doing it but it does happen regularly and it is not nice to be on the receiving end of it.

Not everyone is going to like Adele or 21. That doesn't mean we are missing out on some cultural experience. Its an album not the second coming of Christ.

Everytime I come into this thread I find my name scattered through it or peppered with gifs aimed at me. Or full of artists I like being called sleep inducing (Lana Del Rey) or stupid (GaGa). Or constant mentions how GaGa fans are jealous. And honestly I am sick and tired of it. I don't bring any of you up in other threads or use them to diminish musicians you like.

Gary
Admin
Admin

https://stillstanding.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinéad Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:09 am

Malik wrote:THE ALBUM HAS REACHED SUCH A STATE WHERE ITS BECOME PART OF SOCIAL LIFE. A PERSON WHO HASNT HEARD THE ALBUM WOULD FEEL LEFT OUT OF CONVERSATION. THE ALBUM HAS BECOME LIKE A DAILY COMMODITY SO THATS WHY THE HUMUNGUS SALES AND HYPE.

Come on now... That's over the top. Lauhing

Sinéad
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Malik Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:20 am

Sinéad wrote:
Malik wrote:THE ALBUM HAS REACHED SUCH A STATE WHERE ITS BECOME PART OF SOCIAL LIFE. A PERSON WHO HASNT HEARD THE ALBUM WOULD FEEL LEFT OUT OF CONVERSATION. THE ALBUM HAS BECOME LIKE A DAILY COMMODITY SO THATS WHY THE HUMUNGUS SALES AND HYPE.

Come on now... That's over the top. Lauhing
I'M NOT JOKING. THOSE ARE NOT EVEN MY WORDS... MUSIC CRITICS HAVE POSTED THIS OFTEN. I THINK EVEN THE CHART WATCH GUY PAUL TOO WROTE SOMETHING LIKE THIS. WILL YOU ACCEPT MY WORD OR SHOULD I QUOTE HIM? :-) ANYWAYS NO ONE IS FORCING ANYONE TO LIKE ANYONE. WE ALL CAN JUST SUGGEST EACH OTHER AND JUST THAT'S THAT. NO HARD FEELINGS. :-) EVEN AFTER THE BICKERINGS GARY KNOWS I LIKE HIM A LOT... :-)
Malik
Malik

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabe Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:27 am

Alright guys, let's not make this personal. Why is this getting out of hand?
Gabe
Gabe
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Alonso Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:58 am

Malik wrote:
Alonso wrote:I agree with you Malik. Maybe Gary and other people don't like Adele but we can't deny the fact that 21 has had a huge impact in popular culture. I mean, now Adele is as known as Gaga or every other pop star in the world. And she's on another league IMO because she's not controversial or sexy so you should give some her credit for that, the world needed something like that. In fact, lots of people identify themselves with her because she's just a normal woman singing about life and love.
EXACTLY! JUST SEE HER CONCERT VIDEO AND YOU'LL SEE THE IMPACT/INFLUENCE SHE'S HAVING...

I haven't seen it yet. Guess I'm going to buy the DVD or watch it online for now. Twisted Evil
Alonso
Alonso

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next