Still Standing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Surprising Flops

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Surprising Flops Empty Surprising Flops

Post by Gabe Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:26 am

A thread for good songs that surprised you when they flopped.

This song came on and I remember when it came out, thinking that she would have at least some success with it, but it didn't chart anywhere. I still think it's a great song, surprising flop to me. I'm sure if it had been released by Rihanna, it would have smashed.

Gabe
Gabe
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Back to top Go down

Surprising Flops Empty Re: Surprising Flops

Post by Gary Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:59 am

Oh Christina Milan. Her whole career was a surprise flop. Although her passing SOS which then went to Rihanna was probably the move that killed her career. But she had some great songs like Dip It Low, Say I, AM to PM.

Gary
Admin
Admin

https://stillstanding.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabe Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:22 am

She passed on SOS?  Suspect I bet she still regrets that now!!!!  No 

Here's another surprise flop

What a great song! Personally my favorite Ballad Christina has released in a long time. It surprised me that not even Blake, who is one of the biggest male country star at the moment, could save it from flopping.
Gabe
Gabe
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:34 am

And Britney passed on Umberella. 2 of Rihanna's biggest hits weren't even intended for her.

RE Christina - The single and album were both undeserved flops. I just don't know what to make of Christina anymore. She goes through patches of being likable when she is not releasing her own music and scores hits on features - then when it comes time to release her own music she becomes insufferable and always manages to piss everyone off with her prissy comments and actions.

The killer bit was this time the album was great. But she opened her mouth and it sunk like an anchor. This and Ceasefire were my favourites.  Why there was no video and the label didn't push it. She just got bored with the album after it underperformed. Her, Britney and Jessica seem to forget how hard they once worked to push an album to success. Your name doesn't guarantee you success and a free pass to promote in 2014.

Gary
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:38 am

This should have been the album and single to put her back in the Top 10.

It didn't make the Top 10 anywhere except airplay charts in some Asian countries.

I don't know where she goes from here.

Gary
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabe Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:45 am

Avril's biggest mistake was taking SO damn long from TBDT album to Goodbye Lullaby. And WHat The Hell was also the wrong first single choice, because it was NOT a good indication of what the album was like. Had she released Smile as the first single and Push after that, it would have been a much different story.

The singles from the new album have been great, all of them are surprise flops to me. But like you said, I don't know where she goes from here.  Lauhing 
Gabe
Gabe
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:47 am

It seemed like she gave the public what they liked (no pun intended) after the mature songs on GL but the public just turned their back on her completely  Neutral 

Gary
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabe Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:11 am

Oh! Just thought of another one. This one surprised the hell out of me when it bombed!

A great song accompanied by a great video!! I thought she had started this album off with the right foot! I was actually excited to see her back on top of the charts with this… and then nothing happened. HUGE flop. Shocked No 

Still love it to this day.
Gabe
Gabe
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinéad Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:20 am

^ I don't think I liked Outta My Head when it was first released, but it grew on me and I like it now!

Sinéad
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:59 am

While it was vastly differently from the first 2 albums I loved this song and the video IMO is her best. Little Miss Obsessive was brilliant too despite it being the polar opposite in sound. I think in the long run Ashlee could have had more potential than Jessica as an artist but she got married and had a child way too early into her career and then that half arsed song last year stubbed out any change of her coming back.

Gary
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next