Still Standing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

VH1's 100 Greatest Women in Music

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

VH1's 100 Greatest Women in Music - Page 2 Empty Re: VH1's 100 Greatest Women in Music

Post by Alonso Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:09 am

What a mess! These lists are usually released just to please some fans.

Btw, Fantasia before Shania Twain? WTF?! Gun Disagree
Alonso
Alonso

Back to top Go down

VH1's 100 Greatest Women in Music - Page 2 Empty Re: VH1's 100 Greatest Women in Music

Post by Gabe Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:23 pm

Sinéad wrote:I don't think so either. To be honest I think Madonna has been a more important figure in popular culture than in pop music. She broke boundaries. She was outrageous. But her music was/is absolutely nothing special to me.

Agreed completely. Like a Star @ heaven
Gabe
Gabe
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Alonso Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:10 am

Nothing special?! Evil or Very Mad You must be kidding. What about Live To Tell, Like A Prayer, Frozen, etc.? Those are amazing songs. She is not the best singer/performer out there (Whitney was way superior in that field) but when she's on stage she owns it.
Alonso
Alonso

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinéad Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:11 am

We all have our personal opinions! =]

Sinéad
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:26 am

Whitney was a better singer but I still think it is difficult to beat a performer like Madonna. She can do on stage what other pop singers half her age can't. And while it is so easy to slag and call her old (like Heike did in the word association game despite Heike working in a retirement home) she has paid her dues. It seems to be the in thing to do now to mock her.

She is not to everyone's taste but her longevity is what seperates her from her peers from the 1980s/1990s/Early 2000s. Fact of the matter she is still outselling Mariah Carey, Cher, Whitney Houston, Celine Dion etc. This album will most likely hit no.1 in nearly every country across the world What other "Diva" is able to do that? When she goes on tour it isn't a theatre show like Janet Jackson it is stadiums and arenas. These shows are selling out in minutes. What other "Diva" is able to do that never mind how good of a singer they are?

Personal taste aside no other female artist still has the amount of power Madonna still has on the entertainment industry despite her music being at it's lowest quality. There is a reason she is called The Queen of Pop and it is one things this list got right IMO.

Gary
Admin
Admin

https://stillstanding.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabe Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:57 am

Gary wrote:Whitney was a better singer but I still think it is difficult to beat a performer like Madonna. She can do on stage what other pop singers half her age can't. And while it is so easy to slag and call her old (like Heike did in the word association game despite Heike working in a retirement home) she has paid her dues. It seems to be the in thing to do now to mock her.

She is not to everyone's taste but her longevity is what seperates her from her peers from the 1980s/1990s/Early 2000s. Fact of the matter she is still outselling Mariah Carey, Cher, Whitney Houston, Celine Dion etc. This album will most likely hit no.1 in nearly every country across the world What other "Diva" is able to do that? When she goes on tour it isn't a theatre show like Janet Jackson it is stadiums and arenas. These shows are selling out in minutes. What other "Diva" is able to do that never mind how good of a singer they are?

Personal taste aside no other female artist still has the amount of power Madonna still has on the entertainment industry despite her music being at it's lowest quality. There is a reason she is called The Queen of Pop and it is one things this list got right IMO.

You're absolutely right, but then again, Sinéad and I never denied any of this. It's just that Madonna isn't our cup of tea. That's all.
Gabe
Gabe
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Alonso Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:29 am

Great analysis Gary. Clap I'm afraid this new album will probably be her worst (hope I'm wrong), however, what other woman in her 50s sells tickets in minutes and is still as relevant as Madonna is (they chose her for the Superbowl) in spite of GMAYL flopping so hard?

PS Waiting for Heike's reaction. Lauhing
Alonso
Alonso

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:08 am

Gabe wrote:
Gary wrote:Whitney was a better singer but I still think it is difficult to beat a performer like Madonna. She can do on stage what other pop singers half her age can't. And while it is so easy to slag and call her old (like Heike did in the word association game despite Heike working in a retirement home) she has paid her dues. It seems to be the in thing to do now to mock her.

You're absolutely right, but then again, Sinéad and I never denied any of this. It's just that Madonna isn't our cup of tea. That's all.
Thats why I mentioned taste twice Smile . She wouldn't be my first choice either but in terms of influence and achievements she remains untouched.

Gary
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:12 am

Alonso wrote:PS Waiting for Heike's reaction. Lauhing

Gary
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2